A little sweet. A little salty. And downright tasty. #pendo #pendofun #PumpkinCheesecakeDay
Pumpkin Caramel Cheesecake Bars
1 1/2 cups (10-11 full sheets) cinnamon graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
6 tablespoons melted butter
2 8oz packages cream cheese at room temperature
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Streusel and Topping
1/2 cup brown sugar packed
1/2 cup white flour
1/4 cup quick cooking oats
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup butter softened (not melted)
1 teaspoon vanilla
Salted or plain caramel topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line 8×8 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
3. In a bowl, combine crust ingredients and mix until a thick dough forms. Press evenly into the bottom of the 8 x 8 baking pan.
4. In separate bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Beat with hand mixer until completely smooth and creamy.
Add in the eggs, one at a time, and beat until each is combined.
5. Pour 1 1/2 cups of mixture on prepared crust.
6. Add canned pumpkin, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice to the remaining cheesecake mixture and stir until completely combined.
Careful not to combine the two layers, pour the pumpkin layer on top of the plain cheesecake layer.
7. Make streusel topping. Use same bowl as crust. Stir together brown sugar, flour, quick cooking oats and cinnamon.
Add butter and vanilla and mix together until well combined. Avoid melting the butter entirely as it makes the streusel too wet.
Sprinkle streusel topping evenly over the pumpkin cheesecake layer.
8. Place in the oven and bake for 50-55 minutes or until the cheesecake has set.
9. Cool for about an hour and then place in the fridge for 1-2 hours. Top each bar with caramel topping of choice.