Brown Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup loosely packed brown sugar
1 large egg 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cups rolled oats
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup chocolate chunks
optional: 1- 2 tablespoons milk, if dough is crumbly
1. In a small sauce pan, heat the butter, whisking constantly until browned.
2. Remove sauce pan from heat and continue to whisk for an additional 30 seconds.
Set aside and let the butter cool completely.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and oats. Set aside.
4. Once butter has cooled, mix it with the two sugars until combined.
5. Whisk in egg and vanilla. Add flour mixture. Use hands to form dough.
6. Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
7. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
8. Form dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on a prepared baking sheet.
9. Bake 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.